Writing and Editing
Lori is the principal writer and editor for Editorial Rx, Inc., and she invests skill and passion in every document. As a writer, Lori is adept at crafting articles and educational materials for both professional and lay audiences. She has also led teams of writers for larger projects, providing oversight and editorial control to ensure overall consistency and high quality. As an editor, Lori is carefully attentive to the basics (grammar, usage, and style) as well as to the development and organization of the content. The following represent the various types of written and edited work from her portfolio.
- Continuing medical education materials
- Case study-based self-assessments for health care professionals
- Grant requests/proposals
- Newsletter/newsmagazine articles
- Patient education
- Scientific meeting coverage
- Scientific journal articles
- Textbook manuscripts
Lori has developed and presented educational sessions on writing and editing. Her most recent presentations include
- Targeting Lay Audiences. Peer review-selected session at the 2016 Medical Writing & Communication Conference.
- Refining Your Writing. Invited customized day-long educational workshop for Patient Resource LLC.
- Using Principles of Classical Rhetoric to Enhance Medical Communication. Peer-review selected 3-hour AMWA workshop.
In addition, Lori was recruited to teach “Introduction to Medical Writing,” the first course in the inaugural online Medical Writing Certificate program at the University of California, San Diego Extension.