Continuing Medical Education
Editorial Rx, Inc. provides expert writing and editing services in the area of continuing medical education (CME) for physicians and other health care professionals. Lori and Deb work closely with clients to develop all components of evidence-based educational programs, including
- Needs assessments
- Learning objectives
- Case studies
- Self-assessment questions
- Journal-article based questions
Deb works with authors of enduring products, including journal-based CME and electronic educational resources, and ensures that clients’ educational programs and materials comply with ACCME Essential Standards.
In addition to writing CME courses and editing self-assessment programs on a wide range of topics, Lori has developed and presented educational sessions on the development of CME:
- Best Practices in Writing Test Items. Peer review-selected presentation at the 2016 Medical Writing & Communication Conference.
- It’s Not Your Grandparents CME Anymore: Defining and Addressing Your Practice Gap. Invited presentation at the 2012 Florida Medical Association-Medical Association of Georgia CME Providers Meeting.
- Bridging the Gap: Step-by-Step Strategies for Developing CME Content that Links Documented Needs to Improved Outcomes. Peer review-selected presentation at the 2012 annual meeting of the Alliance for Continuing Medical Education.
In addition, Lori serves as faculty for the online course Advanced Medical Writing, a capstone program in CME at the University of California, San Diego Extension.